The Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said on Sunday that controls are being conducted in escape rooms all around Poland, after Friday’s death of five girls in one of such places in Koszalin, northern Poland.
“All escape rooms, of which at least 1,100 are present in Poland, are being checked. I have asked for a detailed report from these controls, to avoid such tragedies in the future,” the PM said.
The head of the Polish government emphasised the necessity for such inspections. “We will implement further regulations, to prevent such accidents. There are escape rooms that are being closed down due to irregularities,” Mr Morawiecki said.
Leszek Suski, the Chief Commander of Polish Fire Department, said that by 15:30 PM on Saturday, as many as 178 escape rooms had been controlled, 129 of them did not follow all the necessary regulations, and 13 were closed down.
The PM added that the authorities are doing their best to explain the circumstances of the fatal accident from Koszalin.
“Firefighters lost a battle for the lives of those girls not because of a lack of experience, but because of people who endangered innocent children by their desire for easy profit,” the Interior Minister Joachim Brudziński said.
“The sanctions have to be strong, I want to say that to all who violate construction and fire regulations,” he added.
Jarosław Szymczyk, the Chief Commander of the Polish Police announced that the owner of the escape room in Koszalin has been detained.