Two soldiers wounded by explosion in severe condition

Two soldiers, one in a severe condition, are hospitalised at the Burns Treatment Centre (CLO) in Siemianowice Śląskie, southern Poland, after a failed attempt to dispose of a WWII bomb on Tuesday.

Explosion in southern Poland kills two, injures four sappers

see more

“The condition of the soldiers remaining in the CLO is serious. One soldier is in a more severe condition, the other in a less serious one and requires diagnostics. We are initiating treatment,” said the CLO head Mariusz Nowak, adding that the former patient “is under sedatedion.”

Mr Nowak said that the CLO staff “cannot provide detailed information about the soldiers’ health. I can only assure that we have the best means one can possibly have at our disposal.”

Poland’s Defence Minister Mariusz Błaszczak visited the less severely injured soldier and spoke with him. Mr Błaszczak said that both soldiers are hospitalised in the best burns treatment centre in Poland, where they are provided with the best possible care.

Two bomb disposal experts were killed and four others were injured in an explosion that happened in a forest near the southern Polish town of Kuźnia Raciborska on Tuesday.

One of the remaining two injured soldiers is hospitalised at St. Barbara Hospital in Sosnowiec, southern Poland. The second injured soldier was able to leave the hospital in the southern town of Rybnik on his own due to the fact that his injuries were less serious and had been treated.

source: