Poles leave hospital after 2-week coronavirus observation

Thirty Poles who returned to Poland from Wuhan in China in early February and since then had been under observation for possible coronavirus infection were due to leave a military hospital in Wrocław, western Poland, on Wednesday, Health Minister Łukasz Szumowski announced.

“All of them are healthy,” said Mr Szumowski about the group of 30 Poles who were examined four times for the presence of coronavirus following their return to Poland.

For his part, professor Rafał Gierczyński of the National Institute of Public Health - National Institute of Hygiene (NIZP-PZH) said that the examination “was carried out in line with the most rigorous requirements of non-governmental organisations,” using the most up-to-date methods.

Mr Szumowski added that to date there had been no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Poland.

The minister said that “at present, there are 12 persons hospitalised in connection with the coronavirus, another 13 are under observation at home and over 1,000 are being monitored by sanitary services.”

Health Ministry officials also reported on preparations to bring two more Poles back home from China's Wuhan via France in the near future. They too will be under full observation.

source: